Unable to make FQ work in GNU Cash!

Lakshmana Perumal ml.perumal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 03:16:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have installed GNUCash2.2.7, I have a problem  when I try to install FQ
using "install price Retrival". I get following Log. I need help in debuging
this problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling active perl version
5.8.

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmana Perumal.

C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>install-fq-mods
* Check Perl
* Install DateManip
Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...done
Updating ActiveState Package Repository database...done
Downloading Cpan packlist...done
No missing packages to install
* Install Crypt-SSLeay
Downloading Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Unpacking Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Generating HTML for Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Updating files in site area...done
Downloading Crypt-SSLeay-0.53 install script...done
Running Crypt-SSLeay-0.53 install script...
This software package uses strong cryptography, so even if it is created,
maintained and distributed from countries where it is legal to do this,
it falls under certain export/import and/or use restrictions in some
other parts of the world.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT EXPORT/IMPORT AND/OR USE OF STRONG CRYPTOGRAPHY
SOFTWARE, PROVIDING CRYPTOGRAPHY HOOKS OR EVEN JUST COMMUNICATING
TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL IN SOME PARTS
OF THE WORLD. SO, WHEN YOU IMPORT THIS PACKAGE TO YOUR COUNTRY,
RE-DISTRIBUTE IT FROM THERE OR EVEN JUST EMAIL TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS
OR EVEN SOURCE PATCHES TO THE AUTHOR OR OTHER PEOPLE YOU ARE STRONGLY
ADVISED TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO ANY EXPORT/IMPORT AND/OR USE LAWS
WHICH APPLY TO YOU. THE AUTHORS OF OPENSSL ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY
VIOLATIONS YOU MAKE HERE. SO BE CAREFUL, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
CREDIT INFORMATION: This product includes cryptographic software
written by Eric A. Young (eay at cryptsoft.com). This product
includes software written by Tim J. Hudson (tjh at cryptsoft.com).
Proceed with installation? [yes]
A copy of the needed library ssleay32.dll was found in
C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin\ssleay32.dll. If this is compatible with the
versio
n (0.9.8a)
used to compile the Perl module, all that is needed to
complete the installation is to ensure
C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin\ssleay32.dll is in your PATH environment
variable.
Fetch ssleay32.dll? [no] no
Aborting download of ssleay32.dll.
done
  13 files unchanged
* Install Finance-Quote
Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified
No missing packages to install
* Run gnc-fq-check

You need to install the following Perl modules:
  Crypt::SSLeay
Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
missing-lib
An error occured, see above.
Press any key to continue . . .