select accounts by name: focus off tab

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 15:19:21 EDT 2009

Fred Bone wrote:
> I'm running Windows. With an account selected, hitting an alpha key
> causes two things to happen: 1. Focus moves to the first account
> starting with that letter 2. A text-entry box appears, containing the
> letter I typed. Further keys have no apparent effect. After a few
> seconds (5?), the text- entry box goes away, following which another
> alpha key will move the focus as before.
I'm also running Windows (2.2.9 svn) and for it works like it should.
The small box appears and I can type in it. The corresponding account
 gets selected. Esc leaves the box immediately.
If no account is selected, this procedure will not work, unless the tab-key
is used to select the tree widget.

> It does not seem possible to select any other than the first entry
> with a given initial (e.g. I have "Cash in Hand" a sub-account of
> "Current Assets"; "c" selects "Current Assets").
See above.

> Given this, I'll continue to use the arrow keys - less confusing!
Maybe we should honour key press events also for the other three(?) widgets,
which can get the focus.

Sebastian