Extracting useful information for tax returns

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 13:08:15 EDT 2009

Ah yes. The Account Summary is meant to give you current balances--hence the lack of starting dates. It's giving you the current balances. Pretty much every other report gives you the option to select start and end dates. I actually use two reports for my taxes: the TXF report, and a second transaction report with the account detail of most of the tax-important accounts. Mostly, I want to be able to show to my accountant the specific transactions for expense accounts.

David