Paycheck Imbalance

Peter peter922 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 5 14:29:07 EDT 2009

I checked that the salary account is income, and it was marked as an
income account already, and my transaction looked like what you
describe.  I tried entering the transaction a couple other ways, but I
got the same result each time until I decided to ignore the tutorial.

I deleted the split transaction I entered before, and re-entered it from
within the salary account instead of from within my checking account
like the tutorial shows.  Also, this time I started with the gross pay
amount, and after entering all the withholdings from taxes I made the
remaining amount a deposit into my checking account.  Even though the
transactions look the same as they did the first time, it does not show
up as a negative imbalance for some reason.

Peter