Gnucash Windows Vista install problem (gconfd-2.exe Entry point not found )

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Mon Apr 6 05:08:00 EDT 2009

Hmm, interesting...

There should be no call to this dll during installation.
If your problem is really due to the installation process, please try to copy
the whole c:\program files\gnucash directory from your laptop to your desktop
(approx 250 MiB). Be sure to copy it to the same folder, as this information
is contained inside the gnucash start script.

Open regedit.exe on your laptop and export the key:
HKLM\Software\gnucash
Then import it on your desktop.

Now you have a gnucash installation on your desktop and should be able to
execute c:\program files\gnucash\bin\gnucash.cmd

I had a quick look at the distributed libglib-2.0-0.dll. The mentioned
g_assertation_message_expr function is available in the dll. Your problem is,
that gnucash picks up a wrong dll from another directory.

btw. you are installing as administrator, aren't you? Vista uses some dark
magic to turn programmers life into hell. To be really sure, that Vista
executes s.th. with administrator rights, right click the file to open and
choose "run as administrator".

br,
Sebastian

Am Monday 06 April 2009 09:33:24 schrieben Sie: