Errors when starting GnuCash on Mac OS X

Todd Carswell tcar0341 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:19:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just installed Gnucash 2.2.9 on my Mac OS X system.  When I start
the program, I'm getting the following error messages:

In the terminal window:

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
configure time.

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-IOVudm/:0".
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

When Gnucash starts, a couple of pop-ups come up that have the
following errors:

1. An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information
for gnucash.  Some of your configuration settings may not work
properly"  (Clicking "Details" does nothing)
2.  "Cannot find default values.  The configuration data used to
specify default values for GnuCash cannot be found in the default
system locations."  (I am forced to run "setup" again but this does
not fix the problem)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

--Todd