Help selling mutual fund

Simon West s.d.c.west at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:45:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm having difficulty recording a mutual fund sale in Gnucash 2.2.9.
I was able to follow the instructions in Section 8.7 of the online
manual (http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/guide/invest-sell1.html). When I
look in the Assets:Bank ledger, I find a line with "--Split
Transaction--" as the description, but no money actually transferred,
i.e. the balance is unchanged. Same thing for the Income:Capital
Gains account. So although all the transfers look correct in the
mutual fund account, the proceeds from the sale seem to vanish into
thin air.

I must be doing something wrong but am having trouble working out
what; any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Simon West