ONLINE BANKING

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 10 08:54:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

_ <GBoor at comcast.net> writes:

> I love the basic aspects using accounts instead of categories, such as
> in Quicken, because of the more useful accounting that provides.
> However, I must say that I feel the developers could do a better job
> with online banking.  The system is so quirky.  I successfully managed
> to get my online access with National City Bank once, but now, doing
> exactly the same thing as before, I've struck out.  The Wiki is not
> clear-cut with the instructions either and the Aqbanking interface is
> not very intuitive.  I'm thinking that an exact order of some kind has
> to be followed or the same data won't work??  Just thought I'd let the
> developers know that's not a very user-friendly interface - although I
> realize it was not an original part of GnuCash.

The Online Banking Setup is an external package called AqBanking.
GnuCash just calls out to them to setup and process the online
banking features.  If you have issues with the AqB interface you
should contact them as we have no control over it ourselves.

> Plus, has anyone produced a more thorough guide than what is available
> online?    There are plenty of books available for Linux now.  Any
> books or e-books being thought about for GnuCash?  If I knew enough,
> I'd try my hand, but I don't know it thoroughly enough yet.  Thanks,
> --Jerry in Michigan

As far as I know nobody has written a book on GnuCash.  We do have
the documentation online which is fairly thorough, but still lagging
behind the application.