Sometimes GNUCash just fails to start

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 02:27:43 EDT 2009

Am Freitag 10 April 2009 18:33:14 schrieb Arla:
> One quick update on it, sometimes if I end the gconfd-2.exe process, I get
> a message about
>
> "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information"
> clicking on details gives
>
> Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
> IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

To track this down, we need a back trace from gnucash and gconfd-2.
You need to install gdb from the mingw repository. When the bug happens next
time, fire up cmd.exe, start gdb and record the pid value of gnucash from the
task manager. At the gdb prompt enter:

attach <pid>
bt full

This should produce a backtrace with all local variables.

Sebastian