Multiple files open in GnuCash at once?

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Wed Apr 15 05:32:54 EDT 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> There have been discussions about how there are different
> types of preferences:
>
> * User preferences (which apply to a user across all data files)
> * Data File Preferences (which apply to a user per data file)
> * Data File Properties (which apply to the data file across all users)
>
> Unfortunately some preferences are in the incorrect bucket.  In
> particular you can only have a single set of Edit -> Preferences.
> Those
> are shared amongst all data files.

It seems that the Edit->Preferences are per user on OSX 10.5.6.  I am
able to create two data files with different default currencies by
using different users.

Derek, do you know of any gotchas with this approach?

Fast user switching in OSX makes it fairly painless to toggle between
users, each with their own gnucash session.

--
Axel Essbaum
axel at essbaum.com