End of year reports question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 15 10:26:47 EDT 2009

Des Dougan <des at douganconsulting.com> writes:

>>> I have a balance in both accounts according to the Balance Sheet.
>>> I  found that if I check the "Show zero-balance items" in the
>>> Ageing  Reports, then I get transactions displayed. However, the
>>> totals do not  match those displayed in the Balance Sheet.
>>
>> To me that implies you hand-entered transactions into A/R or A/P.
>> Did you do that?  Are you sure that ALL transactions into AR and AP
>> were entered via Invoice/Bills and Process-Payment?   And ONLY via
>> those methods?
>
> I'm pretty certain that is the case - I use the Business features for
> creating bills and invoices constantly. I just took a look through
> both registers. The only odd thing I see are several AP entries with
> "Automatic Payment Forward" in the Memo field and "Auto Split" in the
> Action field. The AR register, with "Show zero-balance items" checked,
> shows the same balance as the Balance sheet.
>
> What does "Auto Payment Forward" mean? Is this caused by my error?

The auto payment forward occurs when you have over payments.  This
tends to occur when you pay invoices out-of-order.  There is still some
process by which you can get the system into a state where it cannot fix
itself.  The only way I know to get yourself out of it is to delete all
your payments and Auto Payment Forward transactions from your A/R
account and then go re-apply all your Payments in chronological order.

> And should I raise a bug for the zero-balance checkbox issue?

I still don't understand this "issue"..  And it may be related to the
above issue.