End of year reports question

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Tue Apr 14 12:39:36 EDT 2009

On 14 Apr 2009, at 08:13, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Des Dougan <des at douganconsulting.com>:
>
>> Derek,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.

>>> If it shows no transactions are you sure you have a balance as of
>>> that
>>> date?
>>
>> I have a balance in both accounts according to the Balance Sheet.
>> I  found that if I check the "Show zero-balance items" in the
>> Ageing  Reports, then I get transactions displayed. However, the
>> totals do not  match those displayed in the Balance Sheet.
>
> To me that implies you hand-entered transactions into A/R or A/P.
> Did you do that?  Are you sure that ALL transactions into AR and AP
> were entered via Invoice/Bills and Process-Payment?   And ONLY via
> those methods?

I'm pretty certain that is the case - I use the Business features for
creating bills and invoices constantly. I just took a look through
both registers. The only odd thing I see are several AP entries with
"Automatic Payment Forward" in the Memo field and "Auto Split" in the
Action field. The AR register, with "Show zero-balance items" checked,
shows the same balance as the Balance sheet.

What does "Auto Payment Forward" mean? Is this caused by my error?

And should I raise a bug for the zero-balance checkbox issue?

Thanks,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group Inc.

Office:		604-628-5434
Cell:   	604-866-2848
Email:  	des at DouganConsulting dot com

         www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.