DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACCTS PAGE & REGISTER

_ GBoor at comcast.net
Wed Apr 15 23:13:16 EDT 2009

Message: 10 Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:27:43 -0400 From: Derek Atkins
<warlord at MIT.EDU> Subject: Re: NO BALANCE ON ACCOUNTS PAGE To:
Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org Message-ID:
<sjmws9mat5s.fsf at pgpdev.ihtfp.org> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=us-ascii

Do the parent and children accounts have different currencies?
What version of GnuCash?  What Distro/OS?

*REPLY:  No, the currencies are the same, US Dollars, and the version is 2.2.9 for Windows.  I was not stating anything about different currencies.*

> Will any of these make a difference? I took it that he was complaining

Yes, it will make a difference. In particular the currency question.

On 13 April 2009 at 12:01, Derek Atkins said:

> [...]
*REPLY:  What I'm saying is that I would expect to see the same TOTAL
balance on the ACCOUNTS PAGE as I see in the register itself for that
particular PARENT account.  That did not happen, but I must have a
misunderstanding on the way the parent and child works. But I'm still
working with it to see if I can get it to do what I want.   Otherwise, I
will just have to go back to my Excel spreadsheet.  GnuCash does not
seem to be quite as versatile as I had thought.  I just thought someone
might have experienced something similar and had a quick answer.
Future dates also had nothing to do with the problem.  Thanks.*