How to a migrate my data to another computer?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 4 09:34:37 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 10:29:03 macaronic wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Derek!
>
> When I go File -> Open and select the location where the file is saved, I
> get "The file //G:\My Backed up Documents\gnu\frank could not be found."
>
> I have also tried File -> Import -> (Various Options) with no luck.
>

> The directory has one file with no extension (50KB) and two log files
> (1kB). I have packaged everything in a zip file:
> http://sites.google.com/site/gnunow/gnu/gnu.zip?attredirects=0
>

> Thank you! Loosing all your data is not the best thing in the world.

Hi,

I've grabbed that archive, copied the file "frank" onto my desktop, and it
opens fine (well, presumably fine... don't know what is supposed to be there,
but it opens without complaint, and I can see transactions!)

I suspect that there is a problem with the colon in the path you give, and
gconf not handling it very well.

if you copy the data file (frank) on to your desktop (maybe into a new folder
there!), and open it from there, what happens?

Maf.