Still can't get currency quote, but seems to be "different" issue

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 10:47:40 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if this is the "same old" finance::quote issue,

So I'm moving from Windows to Ubuntu, partly because a lot of software I now use is supposed to be developed for *nix rather than Windows, and just has windows ports. Going through all the steps I installed Ubuntu, installed version 2.2.6 of GNUCash, downloaded and installed 2.2.9 from the source-code, installed FQ version 1.16, and edited the Quote.pm file, or copied it from my Windows drive (I've done a number of things to the Quote.pm, my last resort was "well surely the windows one will work, since my windows install of GNUCash works just fine).

Anyway, running price-editor I get the dreaded "can't get currency for GBP", so seems to be the same currency problem, however running from the terminal this (as per another note I found by AmigaPhil) I get this

/usr/local/bin$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo GBPUSD=X
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: GBPUSD=X             <=== required
      date: 08/10/2009           <=== required
  currency: GBP                  <=== required
      last: 1.6573               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 1.6573               <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

Which would seem (at least to me) to indicate that FQ is working okay? (I tried both GBPUSD=X and USDGBP=X and both seemed to work just fine).

Any ideas?

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com