Crash when saving reports

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Aug 13 07:45:36 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 05:51:44 pm Wouter van Marle wrote:

> > > My slib:
> > > # rpm -qv slib
> > > slib-3a4-3mdv2009.1
> > >
> > > Wouter.

> > Try getting/upgrading to slib-3b1.
>
> I will try that later... just checked but no rpm for Mandriva available
> for that version on rpmfind.net.
>
> No other workarounds or so?
>
> Wouter.

And unfortunately, you can't use the tarball of slib.  The RPM database won't
know that it is there.  You would need to compile GnuCash from source, which
isn't really that difficult, just there are a lot of dependencies; you need the
-devel version of every library.

I notice that Suse have an SRC RPM of slib-3b1.  I have occasionally created
my own RPM for Mandriva from that, but  I would be happier with one for
Fedora.  Fedora 9 have a noarch.rpm listed on rpm.pbone.net.  That just might
work.

HTH,

Doug,
running Mandriva 2009.1 with Gnucash-2.3.2 compiled from source.