Updating GC in Jaunty

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 13:39:26 EDT 2009

Yvan,

> This will install the downloaded version in /usr/local/. So
> if you want
> to call your newly gnucash you should run:
>
> /usr/local/bin/gnucash
>
> if you want to change the installation location you should
> use the
> --prefix option with configure (see the INSTALL file)
>
> Please, any gnucashguru, correct me if i am wrong.

Just to confirm, so to install to the "regular" place that Ubuntu puts GNUCash (currently at the 2.2.6 version) I would just specify "--prefix=/usr" ?

I'd like to have my system as "close" to all installed the the package manager as possible, but the latest .deb packages for GNUCash all seem to be 2.2.6, and since I've been using 2.2.9 and that's the latest stable version, it would seem that is the version I should be using.

Thanks

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com