How to update Finance Quote for use in GNUCash

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 15:53:11 EDT 2009

Okay, another stupid question,

I think I now have GnuCash installed properly (2.2.9 vs 2.2.6 that is the normal Ubuntu package) by running configure with the --prefix=/usr setting.

However, it installs with Finance Quote 1.13, and I need to update that to 1.16, I can do that by running gnc-fq-update, but that seems to update into a different place? (creates things inside /usr/local/share rather than /usr/share)

What is the correct way to install the updates for FQ so that it goes into the right place vs above?

Thanks

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com