saving a gnucash data file

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:11:56 EDT 2009

2009/8/14 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Quoting Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:
>
>> A nightly (or whatever) backup is not the only reason for taking a
>> backup.  If one is about to do something and one is not sure of the
>> outcome (import some QIF data for example) one may want to take a
>> backup at that point in case the import goes wrong.  To satisfy this
>> one needs an 'on demand' backup.  How does one do this when using
>> mysql?
>
> mysqldump
>
> (which does create a single file)

I know how to do it, the question is whether save backup is a feature
that would be useful in GC.  Would the average GC user be able to run
mysqldump?  Don't forget he would have to use the appropriate options
to set the username and password.  I still think that the ability to
save an xml backup file would be useful.

Colin