saving a gnucash data file

John Spira jspira at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 15 19:54:39 EDT 2009

Speaking as a (rather grumpy) Windows Vista user I would support Colin's
view that an 'on demand' save capability be retained - and I really like
the auto backup of the previously saved file too. It means having to
clean out the folder where all the backups accumulate from time to time,
but it's worth it when one's OS is Windows Vista!
Why do I stick with Vista and not switch to Linux? Because of all the
Windows-only apps I don't want to part with.
Using the 2.3.3 release of Gnucash I had a crash after hours of data
entry which corrupted my data file. I searched in vain for a backup of
an earlier save until I realised there was only one file, now useless.
Then I called for help on this list and was steered on to the 2.2.9
release.  Serve me right for using an unstable release...

While writing I would like to congratulate the developers on an
excellent app and thank everyone for the generous spirit that puts Open
Source programs in the public domain.

John Spira