saving a gnucash data file

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Aug 17 08:49:39 EDT 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009 00:54:39 John Spira wrote:
> Speaking as a (rather grumpy) Windows Vista user I would support Colin's
> view that an 'on demand' save capability be retained - and I really like
> the auto backup of the previously saved file too. It means having to
> clean out the folder where all the backups accumulate from time to time,
> but it's worth it when one's OS is Windows Vista!

Hi John,

I assume that this applies to the Win versions too, but in my linux version of
2.2.something, there is an option somewhere to only keep the backup files for
x days.  Keeps the number of accumulated backups down to reasonable levels.

Can't be more specific without looking, which I can't do atm, sorry!

HTH,
Maf.