Startup time

hasmeta at yahoo.com hasmeta at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 11:41:38 EDT 2009

How can one opt not to load various modules so that gnucash starts more quickly? I've noticed that during startup on my Windows XP system, it loads many components that I either don't ever or rarely use. Here's a snippet of some of the lines from the splash screen that I could catch:

gnucash/report: I am assuming it loads available reports here. Is it possible to load them dynamically upon request?

gnucash/business (?): I don't use business functionality at all; can this simply be removed through some configuration file?

Checking Finance::Quote: Why check every time at startup? Can't this be delayed until I request to get a quote?

--Hasmet