missing and 0.00 discovercard transactions

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 16 21:54:20 EDT 2009

I have not seen the 0.00 amount on imports, but the 'missing'
transactions can happen if you record some, but not all, of your
transactions before you import the bank's list. What I think is
happening is if two transactions are within a day or two and a dollar
or two of each other, the import matcher thinks that two of the bank's
transactions could be a match for a single transaction you have
already recorded. During the second pass, when the matcher is
finishing the import, it throws away the second possible match because
the transaction already in the register has just acquired an ofx
matching transaction.

Sometimes, if you reimport the same file after successfully finishing
one import, the missing transactions now appear as tentative
transactions to add to the register rather than match one already there.

I haven't been able to pin down all the aberrant matching problems
well enough to file bugs. There is one bug that I have been able to
reproduce and report.

The generic import transaction matcher does need some attention
(beyond my skills at the moment).

Dave