Updating GC in Jaunty

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:37:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Thomas Bullock<tbullock at nd.edu> wrote:
> Tommy   ,
>
> Thanks for your additional insights re the answers to the questions I first raised.  I will try to absorb all that has been offered.
>
> Tom

One more suggestion to absorb (I hope you are still absorbent!) -- I
have heard of someone downloading the GnuCash 2.2.9 packages from the
upcoming Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" repository and installing them in the
current Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" release. I do not know whether any
dependency issues result, but I believe that would be the only risk in
doing this, and the package manager would probably refuse to allow it.

If this works it would be an easy, relatively "safe" solution to your
problem. You can get to the files directly from the repository:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gnucash
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gnucash-common
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gnucash-docs

Scroll to the very end of each page to find the link to the archive.
For the gnucash file, you will need to choose the file that
corresponds to your processor and OS architecture (i386 or amd64). The
gnucash package depends upon gnucash-common so those two packages must
be installed at the same time.