transaction already being edited in another register

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Aug 18 07:46:33 EDT 2009

I received this error message:

"This transaction is already being edited in another register. Please
complete it there first."

I could not figure out what this was referring to, as I didn't have any
other relevant registers open. In fact, I closed down all the other
account registers and still got this message. I tried deleting the entry
and starting over and still got the message. The only way I could clear
the situation was to close GnuCash without saving (assuming that saving
would also save whatever was causing the problem). This worked, but of
course I had to re-enter all the other transactions which I hadn't saved
yet.

Does anyone know what was causing this? I've never seen it before.

Thanks.

Nailz