Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 18 10:39:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

You should be asking the list, not me.  I've cc'd you there.

"Gerard McElroy" <gerard.mcelroy at citadel-fa.ie> writes:

> Hi Derek
>
>         Can you point me in the right direction regarding writing my own
> Financial reports or modificating existing income statement.
>         I was looking through the help section but was referred to the GNU
> website. I not sure whether or not writing my own report will
>         prove to be a difficult exercise.

First you should read the Scheme Manual.  I recommend you google for
"MIT Scheme Reference" if you're not already familiar with Scheme.
Then you can read about "Custom Reports" on the GnuCash Wiki at
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports>

If you just want to modify an existing report then you can just drop it
back in place.  You do need to restart GnuCash to test the report.
If you're writing a new one you need to get it loaded, either by
modifying standard-reports.scm or by loading it from config.user.

Good Luck,