transaction already being edited in another register

Charles Bennett ccb at acm.org
Wed Aug 19 22:23:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 17:52 +0100, Maf. King wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 August 2009 16:58:02 Charles Day wrote:
>

> > > Hi,   See the message below: in summary, if it happens, save, close GC
> > > and restart.
> >
> > I think closing and reopening the register should be good enough. You
> > shouldn't have to restart GnuCash.
> >
> > > Maf.
> >
> > -Charles
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> I'm sure that you are correct - I haven't seen the error for quite a while
> now, but now that you mention it, just closing the register sounds about
> right.
>
> Maf.

I see these all of the time.  If you fat-finger payee and backspace to
correct and then get autocompletion of a payee in the register you will
get a completion but it won't fill in a memorized account for it.  Add
your transaction amount and hit return and boom!, the dialog saying that
the transaction is being edited elsewhere.

Discard the transaction and try again without fat-fingering the payee
and all is well.

It's very, very annoying since I'm a sloppy typist and I'm not usually
hanging around in gnucash because I enjoy the scenery I'm usually typing
very fast.  I'll be in doing a batch of a hundred transactions or so and
hit it 6 to 10 times.

I'm running 2.2.9 in Fedora10.  about says it's build r17949M

ccb