Startup time

Christopher Scully cjscullyca at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 12:47:21 EDT 2009

I'm still pretty new to GnuCash and this list so maybe I'm missing something that has been covered earlier on this subject.  It seems to be a pretty big usability flaw that the only way to retain any customizations a user makes to a report is to keep it open.  Such a thing takes the nominal (and quite acceptable in my book) start up time and potentially extends it to several minutes.  Users are faced with choosing between "unacceptable" and "even less acceptable" - long start up time or time wasted re-doing report customizations the next time they want to use that customized report.  Kinda like having to choose between being stabbed and being shot.  Is there a reason the reports system is set up this way?

Chris