2.3.4, 2.3.5 and beyond - notice of upcoming string freeze

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Aug 21 17:00:59 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 21. August 2009 19:38 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> In 2.3.4, I worked to get all of the sql table changes in.  The schema is
> now, basically, frozen except for really important changes.
>
> In about 2 weeks, I want to release 2.3.5.  This will be the release at
> which strings will be frozen so that translation work can be done.

Sounds good to me.

Before the final string freeze, some of the newly introduced strings might
still need to be changed, but I think almost all of them are ready for string
freeze.

Examples for new strings which still need to be changed are e.g.
src/report/report-system/eguile-gnc.scm:203, where the split sentence needs
to be changed into one single string transformed by printf(). Also a bunch of
similar issues in src/report/locale-specific/us/taxtxf.scm even though this
file probably doesn't need to be translated anyway because it's only useful
inside the U.S.

But this will probably all be finished by next weekend (August 29th).

Regards,

Christian