entry transaction not only at bottom

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 22 08:37:23 EDT 2009

Quoting hendrik at topoi.pooq.com:

> What I see as needed is for the new-transaction entry line, which is now
> always at the bottom of the register, and can be scrolled out of the
> window, to instead be permanently at the bottom of the window,
> outside the scrolled region, and therefor unaffected by scrolling.

The blank split does need to be able to scroll, because what happens if
you make it into a split transaction and there are more splits than you
have lines on the screen?  You need to be able to scroll it, which means
it needs to be in a scrollable pane.

Having said that, it might make sense to have a "transaction entry
register" which is /JUST/ the "blank split" which is in a separate
pane from the rest of the register..  And then on read-only registers
(like AR and AP) we could turn off the entry pane!

However, doing something like this would involve major surgery on the
register, so I don't think it's just a simple task.  But you're welcome
to prove me wrong by sending in a patch!