an alternative for running GnuCash on OS X

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:34:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Richard Talley <rich.talley at gmail.com>wrote:

>   I set up a virtual machine and installed the latest version of Ubuntu. I
> used apt-get to install GnuCash 2.2.6

I, too, recently tried to get GnuCash running on OS X. Took way to long, but
I kept trying and after about a week had it running. But it runs too slowly
to be useful - something about GTK I guess just makes the GUI too slow to
actually use.

I ended up doing almost what you suggest: I'm dual-booting Ubuntu on my mac.
Kinda dumb, since so many other FOSS projects have been ported to OS X, but
I guess thats just the way it is.

(Not complaining at all, I know that I could help if I wanted)

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg