Finance::Quote problem

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Tue Aug 25 08:30:28 EDT 2009

Hi Graeme,

I am not using gnucash currently, but I've subscribed to the mailing
list since gnucash is using Finance::Quote. (as I'm the maintainer of
Finance::Quote)
I'm sorry to read you cannot get Finance::Quote up and running.
Considering I don't know how Gnucash calls perl and F::Q, I figured some
things that might go wrong and you might want to take a look at.... :

- do you have more than one perl binary installed ? You might for
example have installed the modules with one version of perl and gnucash
calling another ?
- also the point is that perl doesn't find your Crypt::SSLeay module
installation. So run this from your command line:
        perl -e "use Crypt::SSLeay"
 If the module loads correctly, you won't get any error message. If it
doesn't you'll get a message saying that perl cannot find the module in
a bunch of directories. Then check where your module is actually
installed (search after Crypt/SSLeay.pm) into and add that directory to
your PERL5LIB environment variable.

Hope these might help...
(I didn't follow the whole thread you launched so this might already
have been suggested to you)

--
Erik Colson

http://www.ecocode.net