Finance::Quote problem

Graeme Nichols graeme at graemenichols.com
Sun Aug 23 01:40:14 EDT 2009

On 08/22/2009 01:56 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> GN<gnichols at tpg.com.au>  writes:
>
> [snip]
>> I used cpan (under root) to install Finance::Quote on Fedora 11 which
>> installed F::Q v. 1.16 but I can still not get security update
>> prices. Tools>  Security Editor no longer gives an error message
>> regarding F::Q
>>
>> Is it still possible to install the latest F::Q using cpan? Or am I
>> doing something else wrong?
>
> What do you get from gnc-fq-dump?

Hi Derek,

I get the following:

/usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump cannot find all the Perl modules needed to run.

Install Crypt::SSLeay or run gnc-fq-update as root.

I ran gnc-fq-upate as root and it installed a lot of Perl modules as
well as Crypt::SSLeay. See following:

<snip>
Writing
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/HTML/Parser/.packlist
Appending installation info to
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod
   GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.62.tar.gz
   /usr/bin/make install  -- OK
HTML::TableExtract is up to date (2.10).
Crypt::SSLeay is up to date (0.57).
Finance::Quote is up to date (1.16).
[root at flintstone graeme]#

BUT, there is always a 'but', still not able to update quotes. Button is
still greyed out and when trying to add a security via the Security
Editor it still says that Finance::Quote is not install correctly.

So, I ran gnc-fq-dump again and got the following:

[root at flintstone graeme]# gnc-fq-dump
/usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump cannot find all the Perl modules needed to run.
You need to install the following Perl modules:
   Crypt::SSLeay
Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
[root at flintstone graeme]#

Still thinks Crypt::SSLeay is not installed.

Where to from here do you reckon?