Finance::Quote problem

Graeme Nichols graeme at graemenichols.com
Thu Aug 20 00:49:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

My apologies for repeating this post but Tools > Security Editor still
does give an error that Finance::Quote is not installed properly. I said
below that it didn't.

I am having a problem that I have never experienced before with
Finance::Quote.

I originally installed and upgraded Finance::Quote via cpan and have
never experienced a problem even after upgrading GnuCash to a later version.

I was using Fedora 10 and the version of GnuCash that was was in the
Fedora repos with no problem.

I have just upgraded to Fedora 11 and the version of GnuCash in the
repo, 2.2.9 and lost the ability to update my share prices. Tools >
Security Editor gave an error message that Finance::Quote was not
properly installed.

I used cpan (under root) to install Finance::Quote on Fedora 11 which
installed F::Q v. 1.16 but I can still not get security update prices.
Tools > Security Editor no longer gives an error message regarding F::Q

Is it still possible to install the latest F::Q using cpan? Or am I
doing something else wrong?