Gnucash on Ubuntu 9.04, crashing

Guido Milanese guidofabrizio.milanese at fastwebnet.it
Thu Dec 3 05:40:54 EST 2009

I am trying again to use GnuCash on my Ubuntu 9.04 system. The
version of GnuCash is 2.2.9, compiled 2009-10-05.
After loading, the programme exits with an error message, saying (I
translate from the Italian message) that "there was a problem"
processing FILENAME (the latest file I saved). I installed the
programme from scratch, removing all the dependencies with a careful
apt-get series of commands (clean, purge, etc.), but the problem
remains. The programme is not usable, at this stage. I also tried to
start a new empty file, just adding the accounts suggested by the
installation screens, with no change whatsoever but nothing changes.
Running from shell I get:

<quote>
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
configure time.

Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
<gnc:commodity version="2.0.0">
  <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
  <cmdty:id/>
  <cmdty:get_quotes/>
  <cmdty:quote_source>currency</cmdty:quote_source>
  <cmdty:quote_tz/>
</gnc:commodity>
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "ct" unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "configmgr"
unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "dbio" unregistered
</quote>

Running from shell with '--debug' does not change the messages I
receive.

Thanks for any help. Honestly, I gave a try to other programmes but
this one is the best.

guido, italy

--
Guido Milanese - Professor of Latin
The Catholic University, Milan and Brescia, Italy