Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:01:40 EST 2009

Don't forget when replying that on this list you have to do a reply to
all, or the reply just goes to the last poster. (Don't ask me why it
is setup like this, it is a pain I know, but presumably some like it
like this).

2009/12/6 Gunther Abrahamson <aa994 at ncf.ca>:
> Colin Law wrote:
>>

>> >From the Accounts page (the one showing all the accounts) right click
>> on the account and select Edit Account.  I guess that you have
>> Placeholder checked, this is used to say that an account cannot have
>> transactions of its own and is usually used for a parent account,
>> where the child accounts are the real ones.  A parent can have
>> transactions, however, by clearing the Placeholder checkbox.
>>

> Colin:
>
> Thanks for this. It worked. I have one more question.  I set up a new set of
> accounts and saved it as "FISO 2010".  The previous set of accounts was
> titled "FISO 2100". How do I get rid of this one?  I have deleted all the
> accounts in it?

Assuming that you are using 2.2.9 then you just have to delete the
file FISO 2100 which will be wherever you initially saved it (if you
can't remember where that is, open it and click File, Save As, this
will open the folder that it resides in, then cancel). .  There is no
need to remove the accounts before deleting the file (it might be best
to keep a backup of it just in case you find you have deleted the
wrong one).  In fact you don't have to delete the file at all of
course, you can just ignore it.  If you are using the unstable
development version 2.3.x then if you saved it in xml or sqlite format
then again it is just a file where you saved it.  If using mysql then
you have to delete the database of that name using a mysql tool.
Again make sure you back up before removing it in case you remove the
wrong one.

Colin