Kmy Money vs. GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 8 10:51:17 EST 2009

BGP <bigskypa at gmail.com> writes:

> How many of you have used Kmy Money?
>
> Do you like it better than GC?
>
> If you did use KMM why did you stop?
>
> GC is nice.....it serves my purposes but I really miss the look and
> feel of Quicken.
>
> One of the good points of KMM is that you can set up quotes and
> download of transactions from accounts real easy.
>
> What are your thoughts?

KMM uses the same dependencies (F::Q and AqB) for quotes and online
banking as GnuCash, so it wont be any "better".  The only difference
might be the level of integration.  KMM uses Qt already, so they already
have the Qt libs for the AqB wizard, whereas GnuCash needs to add that
extra dependency.

But I wouldn't expect major functionality differences.