double entry?

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:14:34 EST 2009

BGP wrote:
> How can I change GC so that while I'm in an account register I don't
> have to enter the amount of a purchase in 2 of the accounts listed in a
> split?

If your preferences are set to not show transaction splits in the
register, then you only need to specify the transfer account and the
credit or debit amount, the other side of the transaction is filled in
for you.  There is a "split" icon on the toolbar that can change this on
the fly no matter what you have your preferences set to as well.  You
can toggle it on and off as needed.

-Dennis