benefits of webkit

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Dec 9 09:37:00 EST 2009

I think it's a bug in Webkit for Windows, rather than an bug in GnuCash.  My evidence is that it happens on windows and not on linux.  My guess is that when the font size is specified as 10pt, it displays as 10pt but prints as 10px (pixels), which on a 600dpi (or more) printer is 1/60 inch.

The version of webkit (actually, webkitgtk) for windows that we are using is 1.1.5 which was I got from someone on the internet.  I've been trying to build with a more recent version of webkit but have run into build problems (mingw32 /win32 is not their top priority).  Now that 2.3.8 with most/all of the sql fixes is ready to go (I just need to upload the win32 setup.exe file and send out release notes), I will try to fix this over the Christmas holidays.

Phil