Kmy Money vs. GnuCash

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Wed Dec 9 16:01:00 EST 2009

> Windows is most definitely a second-class citizen when it comes to
> GnuCash.  Also keep in mind that 2.2 was effectively the "1.0"
> release of GnuCash on Windows..  So it's bound to have issues that
> have long-since been worked out of the Unix version.

That is rather what I understood, which is why I've never made a big
issue of any of it.  Nonetheless, for an ex-Quicken user (who by
definition is a Windows user) it needs to be acknowledged that gnucash UI
is significantly less friendly.  In the context of the overall
development of a product like gnucash none of this is a big deal, but it
is worth pointing it out where we are (and why we are here) to new users.
It may even be worth looking to see if some of the issues are easily
fixable.

All that said I need to take a more thorough look at a Linux version of
gnucash so I can see if these are genuinely just Windows issues, or
actual design issues.  I hope to do so some time soon.  :-)

Colin