SQL database back-end support

Joshua Kephart josh at joshandmeg.net
Sun Dec 13 21:25:55 EST 2009

Just a quick question about the new database backend stuff.  I'm still
on the stable 2.2.9 version, as I don't have a lot of experience
compiling from binary or anything, so I haven't seen the new database
functionality at all.  But I'm wondering, once this goes to stable 2.4,
is there going to be a database connection GUI so that for each GnuCash
file we could potentially tell it to connect to different databases?  Or
will the database back-end have to be specifically set up during
compilation?

The reason I ask is that I think it would be great if I could have easy
access to all my GnuCash data from say a PHP web application I could
write, and eventually maybe some smartphone apps.  The possibilities are
pretty endless once the data is there in an easily accessible database. :)

GnuCash is awesome, keep up the great work.

~ keppy