Scheduled Transaction Druid - Add Principle

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Dec 15 23:41:24 EST 2009

M Prindle <mprindle at pobox.com> writes:
> I just finished refinancing my mortgage so I used the loan druid to create
> the scheduled transactions for the new loan.  The loan payments match my
> documents, but I would like to make an additional payment to the principal.
> How would I modify the scheduled entry to add in the transaction?  The entry
> appears to be the loan formula so I'm not entirely sure what needs to be
> changed.

Unfortunately this is impossible.  The idealized payment functions the
loan and mortgage druid uses do not support overpayments to principle.
Said another way, the functions do not take into account the current or
date-specific value of the account for computing interest, only the
original payment amount.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}