Just installed GNUCash on Mac OS Leopard

Rounak Jain irounakjain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:47:16 EST 2009

I downloaded the dmg from sourceforge.
I placed it in a path like disk1s10/Latest Mac Files/GNUCash.app
I tried to open it. Nothing happened.
I saw the Console for errors.

12/16/09 1:59:35 PM [0x0-0x1f01f].org.gnucash.Gnucash[330] Failed to
start message bus: Failed to open "/Volumes/disk1s10/Latest": No such
file or directory

I saw in the error that the path it was looking for was "/Volumes/
disk1s10/Latest" instead of
"/Volumes/disk1s10/Latest Mac Files".

So I moved GNUCash to "/Volumes/disk1s10/"
I opened it. I saw the "Tip of the day" dialog box. I clicked on
"Cancel" but it did not close. Nothing was working in that dialog box.
I quit it and relaunched it. Now it seems to work.

I hope the issue relating to spaces in paths is fixed.