Farm & Community Accounting - Any experience?

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Sat Dec 19 23:20:14 EST 2009

On Sat, December 19, 2009 21:51, Rongomai Bailey wrote:

> Would this $1000 "credit" on their "account" technically be a
> liability for the farm? Is there a better way to do this?

I wouldn't call it a liability because they didn't pay it in with the
intent of getting it back and the farm didn't receive it with the intent
of paying it back. I'm tempted to call it equity, but only because I'm
thinking of the farm as "owned" by the members. I have no training in
accounting for non-profits (and my training in for-profits is quite old).

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments