Can I setup GnuCash automatically categorize

picghaw picghaw at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 05:03:23 EST 2009

my transactions from imported files I have a lot of credit statements and
bank statements  that I am about to import and it would be tedious to have
to categorize each transaction over and over again especially when I
frequent the same places for food/gas/household items and charge the same
bills to the credit card each month ( eg BP Gas Station/Cable Bill/Cell
Phone Bill/Auto Insurance/Sams Club etc). I've searched but I didn't find an
answer to this. I know Quicken does this.

Thanks in advance.