Problem retrieving online quotes

Tom McAuliffe tom at sentiam.com
Sun Dec 20 15:42:59 EST 2009

I ran:
     /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --add-price-quotes Documents/Finances/Gnucash_financials/McAuliffe_Financials

And got:
     No quotes retrieved. Finance::Quote isn't installed properly.

I ran:
     sudo /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump

And got:

Usage: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump <quote-source> [-v] <stock> [<stock> ...]

Available sources are:
     vwd yahoo_nz australia amfiindia usfedbonds canada yahoo adig bux aiahk yahoo_australia unionfunds lerevenu asia tsx indiamutual bse hungary known_currencies fidelity_direct goldmoney tdwaterhouse trustnet ftportfolios_direct cominvest morningstar ftportfolios tdefunds hu za fundlibrary stockhousecanada_fund yahoo_europe platinum maninv tsp financecanada usa france troweprice nasdaq bmonesbittburns yahoo_asia tiaacref troweprice_direct seb_funds greece fidelity yahoo_brasil fetch_live_currencies dwsfunds finland hex asegr brasil deka nyse canadamutual asx finanzpartner fool dutch uk_unit_trusts nzx aex nz vanguard europe bourso

What should I do now?

Thanks,
Tom McAuliffe

On Dec 20, 2009, at 1:36 PM, John Ralls wrote:

On Dec 20, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Tom McAuliffe wrote:

> I successfully installed Finance::Quote. But when I try to fetch current prices I run into a problem.
>
> Following directions in the Tutorial and Concepts Guide, I run the following command:
>    Tom-McA-Computer:~ tommcauliffe$ gnucash --add-price-quotes $Documents/Finances/Gnucash_financials/McAuliffe_financials
> I get the following response:
>    -bash: gnucash: command not found
>
> What am I doing wrong?

gnucash isn't on your path. Try
/Path/to/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --add-price-quotes Documents/Finances/Gnucash_financials/McAuliffe_Financials

Regards,
John Ralls