Can I setup GnuCash automatically categorize

Marcus Wolschon marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 03:31:38 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM, picghaw <picghaw at yahoo.com> wrote:

> my transactions from imported files I have a lot of credit statements and
> bank statements  that I am about to import and it would be tedious to have
> to categorize each transaction over and over again

If you are synchronizing using HBCI or importingg using CSV you could script
rules in the editor of jGnucashLib.
Every time it finds a transaction that does not match any
rule it asks if you want to create one in an editor that pops up instantly
with the full power of Javascript (manually LOTS of other scripting-languages
are supported) with syntax-highlighting, examples and the ability to test-run
your rule.
Other data-sources/formats for transactions can be easily written to support
the same using the well documented plugin-interface.

...just a nice, well written tool to automate such tasks.

Marcus