Mutual Fund Account: How to modify Decimal Places

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Thu Dec 24 12:38:05 EST 2009

On 23 December 2009 at 21:41, Johannes Graumann said:

> Hi,
>
> I created a mutual fund account tracking a depot containing a fund that is
> traded in 1/1000000 fractions. The fund is defined via the security editor
> with a fraction of "1000000", but no matter what I set in "Edit-
> >Preferences->General->Numbers/Decimal Places", the ledger of the account
> doesn't allow me to enter values at the precision required. The "Shares"
> column allows 3, "Buy" and "Sell" just two decimal places. Any advice on
> how to fix that?

Buy and Sell are denominated in your default currency, which I guess
(from your mail domain) would be EUR.

What do you have for "Smallest Fraction" when you "Edit" the account?

(I created a "Test" commodity with traded fraction 1/1000000, then
assigned it as the commodity of a "test" account, leaving "Smallest
Fraction" set to "Use commodity value". I then opened the account and
entered a "buy" transaction, for 1.234567 units at a price of 14.00.
Ledger now shows 1.234567 units at 13.9968 costing 17.28).