Gnucash binary 2.2.9.3 for PPC crashes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 27 18:17:55 EST 2009

On Dec 27, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Santiago Fernandez wrote:

> If I run Gnucash.app again (anytime after step 3 and before step 5), it fails both if I don't kill the dbus-daemon and if I kill it. In any case the error message is the -ps_foo message.
>
> Also, Gnucash.app doesn't start a new dbus-daemon when it fails.
>
> After having replaced Gnucash.app with a new copy from the .dmg file (step 5), the dbus-daemon gets a new process ID everytime I run Gnucash.app, but only one instance of the dbus-daemon is active at any time.

Interesting.
Take a look at Gnucash.app/Contents/Info.plist *after* you've run it once. It should include the following lines:
        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
        <string>Gnucash</string>

It the second line says Gnucash-bin instead of Gnucash, then that's the problem, and your mac is changing it. Change it back.

In either case, try renaming Gnucash.app to something else and then rename it back. The idea is to force launchd to reload the Info.plist into its cache. Do this instead of copying Gnucash.app fresh from the dmg and relaunch.

Regards,
John Ralls