Gnucash binary 2.2.9.3 for PPC crashes

Santiago Fernandez lists.sf at plan71.com
Mon Dec 28 08:48:46 EST 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 12:17 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Santiago Fernandez wrote:
>

>> If I run Gnucash.app again (anytime after step 3 and before step
>> 5), it fails both if I don't kill the dbus-daemon and if I kill it.
>> In any case the error message is the -ps_foo message.
>>
>> Also, Gnucash.app doesn't start a new dbus-daemon when it fails.
>>
>> After having replaced Gnucash.app with a new copy from the .dmg
>> file (step 5), the dbus-daemon gets a new process ID everytime I
>> run Gnucash.app, but only one instance of the dbus-daemon is active
>> at any time.
>
> Interesting.
> Take a look at Gnucash.app/Contents/Info.plist *after* you've run it
> once. It should include the following lines:
>        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
>        <string>Gnucash</string>
>
> It the second line says Gnucash-bin instead of Gnucash, then that's
> the problem, and your mac is changing it. Change it back.

It didn't change.

> In either case, try renaming Gnucash.app to something else and then
> rename it back. The idea is to force launchd to reload the
> Info.plist into its cache. Do this instead of copying Gnucash.app
> fresh from the dmg and relaunch.

This works. I renamed it to myGnucash.app and I tried to run it but it
failed with the -psn_foo message. Then I changed the name back to
Gnucash.app and it works fine now.

I've seen in Activity Monitor that the first time I run Gnucash.app
the process name changes from Gnucash to Gnucash-bin soon after typing
the admin password. Maybe this "confuses" launchd? After having fixed
the problem the process name is Gnucash at any time.

Regards,
Santi